At the session held on November 10th 2006, the Government of the Republic of Srpska passed the Decision no. 04/1-012-2323/06 on foundation of the Public Company “Republic of Srpska Motorways” Banja Luka with purpose of managing motorways and high speed roads in the Republic of Srpska.
- providing designs and other documents necessary for the construction of roads and high speed roads;
- organization of planning and project engineering related to the construction of motorways, high speed roads and toll collection facilities;
- maintainance of motorways and high speed roads;
- providing financial means and financing construction and recontruction of motorways and high speed roads
- any other operation pertaining to management of motorways, high speed roads and toll collection facilities;
- measures and actitivites on the improvement of the road traffic safety;
- management and implementation of projects of the environment protection from the road traffic impacts.
Upon the request for incorporation into the company register filed by the PC “RS Motorways”, on January 28th, 2009 the Basic Court in Banja Luka issued the Decision no. 071-0-Рег-08-002643 on registration of PC “RS Motorways” in the company register. Accordingly, Public Company “RS Motorways” Banja Luka was registered in compliance with the Decision of the Government of the Republic of Srpska.
Pursuant to Article 13 of the Law on Public Roads (Official Gazette of the RS no. 16/10) Public Company “Republic of Srpska Motorways” performs the following activities:
– management of motorways and high-speed roads,
– construction of motorways and high-speed roads,
– maintenance of motorways and high-speed roads, and
– protection of motorways and high-speed roads.